Good mornin', sunshines! I wanted to surprise you with a fresh recipe right smack-dab in the middle of your week. From my kitchen to yours, I am happy to present: Pie Queen's Pop-Tarts.
Note from the Queen: This recipe requires making dough (top right) and filling the tarts (bottom right). See above.
1. Mix together: flour, sugar, baking powder.
2. Add butter. Queen's Tip: I grate my butter in this recipe. I find that grating butter works better than dicing it, it works faster, and honestly it's just more fun! See below.
3. Toss together with hands.
4. add ice water. Pour slowly, a little at a time.
5. seperate into two balls, then roll out dough. See below.
6. After rolled out, place dough in fridge for an hour. Prior to Pop-Tart assembly.
Queen's Tip: This dough freezes incredibly well, perfect for large batches!
To assemble: Choose a pie cutter of any size, along with your favorite filling. I recommend jellies for these, or chocolate!
1. Cut dough into strips, egg wash one side. Place filling (a little bit goes a long way!) on one end of strip, then close together with the other. Finish by pressing all edges of dough with a fork.
2. Egg wash tops of tarts.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool and dig in!
There are rarely leftovers in our house, but in the event any of these tasty treats are lingering at the end of the day, I always know who to bring them to.
Hint: They're my roommates, and they're all pretty cute!
May this give you the kick you need to finish the week strong, and maybe even serve as your midweek dessert. Will you please share your finished products with me if so? I'd sure love it! I can't wait to hear which fillings y'all like the best, send any suggestions my way! Happy Wednesday, and as always, Happy Baking!
The Pie Queen of BG